Molding is an inherently complicated process with many variables to consider. Producing a good part can be easier at times than others. If you’re running into issues, it’s important to take a step-by-step systematic approach in order to find a solution that optimizes the process.
Some basic rules for troubleshooting are:
- Define the problem. What is observed is only a symptom of the underlying problem.
- Develop a method to isolate the problem.
- Test one item at a time to verify results.
- Monitor the final solution to verify that the problem has been solved. Repeat occurrences of the same symptom may indicate other problems.
- Document the solution so that a repeat occurrence can be solved quickly.
- Consult other resources to augment the troubleshooting information in the attached guide. One of the best resources may be your resin supplier.
To help in this process, please see the attached general Troubleshooting Guide of common issues.
If you can’t find your issue and continue to have problems, please reach out to your local Mold-Masters hot runner expert for assistance.